If you are feeling overwhelmed, or exhibiting stressed or anxious feelings, then essential oils can help you create balance in your life. Their benefits are abundant, and they are completely natural and therefore safe to use.
The first place to start is with some basic information about stress. Everyone suffers stress from time to time, but most of us don’t have any basic knowledge of what it really is or how it works. Our sympathetic nervous system works, along with the parasympathetic nervous system work, in unison to manage all our internal processes. Stress overwhelms these systems and causes them to cease functioning properly.
These systems are responsible for maintaining regular heart beat and blood pressure, even in stressful situations. The problems occur when we allow stress to create the “flight or fight” internal response. Hormones like Cortisol are created by the adrenal glands and released into the bloodstream. For those who allow themselves to get stressed out on a regular basis, this process will eventually cause adrenal gland fatigue and an unhealthy fluctuation of hormones. Your immune system becomes fatigued and stops working properly. If left untreated, these symptoms will continue and increase, eventually causing illness.
Essential Oils provide a convenient, safe way for us humans to calm down, relax and let all our frustrations go.
Remember these important facts about stress:
- Stress results in sympathetic overload
- Stress mimics disease
- Chemicals and hormones are called into action, e.g. glucose, adrenaline, cortisol, endorphins
- Stress is the result of conflict
These negative emotions result from stress:
- Feelings of being overwhelmed
- Frustration, irritation, weariness
- Unhappy feelings
Natural Stress-Relieving Tips
Take the time each day for at least 5 minutes of deep breathing exercises. You can quickly and easily google the correct way to do these. This will open up your blood vessels and get the blood flowing through your veins. It’s also a good way to allow your brain to just go into neutral and take a relaxing pause from its daily routine of assessments, decisions, figuring things out, remembering, processing information and the millions of other functions the human brain is responsible for.
Biofeedback is another method of using the higher brain functions to control the bodily responses. This technique can be self-taught or your physician can help you get the basic info about how it works. Biofeedback has been very helpful in controlling migraines.
Below, we list a few other very effective treatments for daily stress:
- Begin a Yoga Practice 20-60 minutes per day several days a week. Use the Lavender oil while doing your yoga.
- Practice Mindfulness and Meditation daily with Wild Orange oil.
- Learn to let go of what does not serve you emotionally and physically. Become more aware of those times when you inadvertently let stress in.
- Reduce the stress in your body by consuming foods that support good gut health.
- Cleanse your body of unwanted toxins that lead to anxiety. Detoxing can be done using a wide variety of all-natural products found at the local health food store.
- Use essential oils aromatically. A diffuser is a good way to maintain a consistent level of therapeutic aromatherapy.
Stress Reducing Blend
This is my favorite blend for helping to relieve stress. It’s very easy to mix and use daily.
- 1 drop Frankincense Oil
- 1 drop Lavender Oil
- 1 drop Bergamot Oil
Below are my favorite ways to use this blend and other essential oils. You can try each one and choose those methods that seem to work best for you and your lifestyle.
- Add blends to a diffuser
- Breathe them in or inhale them
- Water mister / spray bottle
- Apply to back of neck
- Apply to bottom of feet
- Apply to pulse points.
Whichever methods and blends of essential oils you use, be sure to use them regularly. Get in the habit of taking some time for your good health each day. You deserve some breaks where you can just relax in a warm tub of water, read, do yoga, or meditate. Once you filter these into your daily routine, you’ll start feeling stronger, more alert and more vibrant, like your old self again.
If you found this information helpful, you can also check out my blog about using citrus essential oils for boosting and improving mood. If you’re like to learn more about customizing an essential oil plan to suit your needs, you can also Schedule a Personal Consultation
If you know you are ready to get started with doTERRA essential oils, you can sign up with me immediately here