Thanksgiving really is one of my favorite holidays—because it’s a time where gratitude, family, friends, and celebration all come together under one roof in the form of a delicious feast (with the right healthy recipes, of course!).
And who here doesn’t love to eat?
Unfortunately, many of us overindulge to the point where our weight, hormones, and stress all take an unnecessary hit for the days (or even weeks) that follow.
I know because I’ve been there too many times to count…
Yes, this is a good time to indulge a bit and celebrate—but that doesn’t mean you need to compromise your health in the process!
So why not put food on the table that both tastes good and feels good?
Over the years, I’ve learned how to navigate the kitchen and the dinner table on Thanksgiving so that my family and I can have the best of both worlds—and now I want to share that knowledge (and a few recipes) with you.
The Thanksgiving recipes below are:
- Super simple to make
- Packed with ingredients that will show your body the love it deserves
- Created to please even the most critical of your family members
And best of all?
They won’t put everyone into a food coma.
I hope you get to enjoy them!
6 Easy + Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes for the Entire Family!
Keep in mind, you can easily adjust these Thanksgiving recipes to fit your family’s needs by doubling – or even tripling – the required portions.
#1 – Swiss Chard Salad with Apple, Pear, & Walnut
- 1 cluster of organic swiss chard
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) or organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
- 1 organic apple, diced
- 1 organic pear, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1. Rinse and dry swiss chard, then tear leaves away from stems. Grab a few leaves, roll them up like a scroll, and slice leaves into thin strips.
- Step 2. Using only 1⁄4 cup of your olive oil, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add walnuts, garlic and then salt and pepper to taste. Stir walnuts around for 3-5 minutes until they are nice and toasty.
- Step 3. Squeeze lemon juice into a little bowl, then add 1 drop of Lemon essential oil (optional), plus a bit of salt to taste. Next, carefully stir in remaining olive oil. Now you are ready to dice your apple and pear.
- Step 4. Add in your toasted walnuts, pear and apple to a bowl of swiss chard and toss with your dressing.
#2 – Sweet & Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. organic cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp. organic raw honey
- 1 organic lime (juiced)
- 1 Tsp. ground all-spice
- 1 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs. organic sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1: Heat oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking dish or pan with a small amount of melted coconut oil.
- Step 2: Using a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, mix melted coconut oil, honey, lime juice, allspice, cinnamon, and combine well. Add sweet potato pieces and mix until pieces are well-covered in spice/oil mixture.
- Step 3: Spread sweet potato pieces on a baking pan, being sure that pieces are not touching as much as possible. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip pieces to allow for an even cook. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
#3 – Orange-Cranberry Chutney
- 1 whole seedless orange (flesh and the zest from the skin)
- 2 organic green apples, cored, peeled, & diced
- 2 cups whole organic cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic honey (or more to taste, but watch that sugar!)
- 3 drops Wild Orange essential oil (optional).
- Step 1: Zest the orange peel and place zest in a food processor. Peel the orange, and separate the segments, placing them in the food processor. Discard the remaining peel. Add apples and cranberries to the food processor. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Step 2: Pour into a large bowl. Add honey, starting with 1/3 cup and adding more to taste. Add 3 drops of Wild Orange essential oil. Stir to combine.
- Step 3: Pour chutney into an airtight container and refrigerate for 1-4 hours before serving. Makes a great topping for turkey, other meat dishes and salads.
#4 – Sauteed Garlic Veggies
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ white onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets, thickly sliced
- 1 green zucchini, slied
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, fresh parsley, and lemon juice and cook for 4-5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper before serving.
#5 – Stuffed Green Apples
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and cored with bottom still in place
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted smooth almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried apricots, divided
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1⁄8 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 Tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Step 1: Brush the inside of each cored apple with lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix together the almond butter,
- 4 tablespoons chopped apricot, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Spoon the almond butter mixture into the apples.
- Step 2. Top each apple with 1 Tbsp. chopped apricots, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and 1 tsp. shredded coconut. Place the cored apples in your slow cooker, and pour water in the bottom.
- Step 3. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, or on high for 1 to 11⁄2 hours, or until the apples are soft when pierced with a fork.
Helpful Hint! To core an apple, cut in a wide, circular motion all the way around the top of the apple toward the base. Pop the top off, and cut or scoop away remaining seeds and any tough pieces connected to the core using a teaspoon.
#6 – Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Bake
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 Tsp. sea salt
- Nonstick spray
- Step 1: Combine the egg, melted coconut oil, almond milk and chopped apples in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Step 2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, spices and salt and stir to incorporate ingredients. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking until flour is absorbed (you may have to do this in 2 or 3 batches).
- Step 3. Pour batter into a greased insert, cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Garnish with whipped coconut cream and caramel.
Now you have a few of my fave Thanksgiving recipes a few weeks ahead of time. 🙂
Curious about my Black Friday Sale? Here’s a Sneak-Peek…
My pre-Black Friday sale starts next Wednesday, November 15th—and it’s going to be absolutely bananas (a low glycemic banana, of course!).
I know you’re a busy babe…
So I’ll keep this super short and sweet!
The thing is…
Tens of thousands of women have joined our cause this year (which I am SO grateful for!) and since you’re already a part of the family, I wanted to make sure that you know about all the best deals before they’re gone.
(especially because I will sell out of products FAST!)
And there will be a NEW product on sale every day through Black Friday–when I’ll be announcing a few additional twists.
Want to be the FIRST to know when each daily offer drops?
Keep both eyes on your inbox every morning. 🙂
Here’s how my pre-Black Friday sale will go:
- Starts on Wednesday, November 15th
I’ll announce a NEW product offer every day via email and SMS
- A total of EIGHT daily product offers
- Up to 50% OFF supplements and digital products
- Special additional lifetime discounts when you Subscribe and Save
- NEW bonus guides and gifts
- F-R-E-E shipping on qualifying orders
- And more…
**Please note, once a product goes on sale, it will remain on sale through the end of the sale OR until it sells out (which happened last year and WILL happen again!)**
I’m excited to see how you decide to finish the year with all these tools—and of course, I can’t wait to hear about your continued success.
Have a very safe, happy, and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!Be the First to Know When each Black Friday deal drops!