We are women.
We are powerful CEOs of our family, our careers, and our projects.
We are incredible multi-taskers.
We keep the world going ‘round.
We forget to prioritize ourselves.
We neglect our bodies on a daily basis.
We let our health slip in favor of helping others or doing things.
The more on top of our health we can be, the more we can serve others, especially those whom we love the most!
TAKE THE BALANCE TEST
Let’s get real and see where you fall on the Bodily Balance Scale:
- Are you sleeping well?
- Do you get sick often (3-5 x/year)?
- Are you worn out by 3 pm, or when you wake up in the morning?
- Is your gut acting up: bloated, gaseous, constipated, and/or heartburn after meals?
- Do you find yourself either wired or tired, saying things like: “I gotta go!” or “I’m super crazy-busy!”
- Is your libido nonexistent?
- Do headaches plague you each week (2+/week)?
- Are you experiencing chronic pain or tension?
- Do you feel like a stranger in your own body?
- Do your moods change from one day to the next?
Did you say yes more than twice?
Girl, you need some TLC! Your body will not lie to you, so there is something going on under the surface that needs your attention. And the sooner, the better!
Right now, your body is simply surviving…the go-go-go of your daily routine and is responding in the only way that it knows how.
THE UNEXPECTED SOLUTION
Nope, there’s no magic pill, no overnight cleanse, no miracle to be had.
You must simply return your body to a place of vitality.
Self-awareness and Intuition.
We all need to do ourselves a favor and start listening to our body. The messages and wisdom that it contains will guide us to our individualized solutions.
Thousands of women are suffering from Rushing Women’s Syndrome, adrenal fatigue, or hypothyroidism, but have been misdiagnosed with anxiety and depression. Or they are misled into thinking they need Hormone Replacement Therapy because of their age. Talk about creating even more problems!
Just listen. Your body will lead you in the right direction.
Don’t let yourself become a statistic.
A PERSONAL CONFESSION
I have been here where you are. I know firsthand how you are feeling right now.
And dealing with health issues that seem to repetitively spiral out of control with no solution in sight.
Before I started REALLY listening to my body, I suffered from migraines, abnormal menstrual periods, stomach discomfort, and exhaustion and fatigue even after sleep. My band-aid fix was toting around OTC pain meds to pop for head and neck tension and other symptoms.
Then serious hormonal issues grabbed ahold and refused to relinquish their dominance. I was a victim of two huge factors – my family lineage and my lifestyle choices.
Hormone chaos ruled the women in my family for decades before I finally realized that hormonal imbalance was the root of our affliction.
Now I know that Rushing Women’s Syndrome, or Sympathetic Nervous System Dominance, played a key role in my family’s issues and the biochemical changes that this causes in the body were wreaking havoc on many systems. This dominates when you live a life constantly on the go and with an unrelenting, driving sense of urgency.
At first, I thought that this was just a part of being a highly-productive and successful woman in today’s world. I pushed through it, ignoring the whispers that my body began to produce.
Eventually, my ignorance led to internal screams of distress and I had no choice but to stop and listen. Stress, exhaustion, mood issues, weight gain, hormone conditions, headaches, chronic pain…and on and on and on.
But soon I realized that I WASN’T THE ONLY ONE. I wasn’t an island of one. My mother, my grandmother, other women in my family, friends, co-workers, strangers…we all were dealing with this unspoken issue and no one knew what to do.
That was it. I knew that my career needed a redirection, so I focused my expertise and past knowledge on providing education and solutions to women. Other professionals have also experienced a similar story and are able to reach out and educate, enlighten, and empathize with what we women deal with on a daily basis one day to the next?
Now, I challenge you to join my mission in reclaiming our bodies and our lives!
Do you have the courage to listen to your body and claim the health and vitality that you deserve?
Join me now, and I promise to help you learn to listen to your body and reclaim your life.
Are you with me?
YES! Let’s dive in together!
STEP 1 – CONNECT to your inner pilot and ADDRESS the root cause.
- LISTEN to your body! Only you know what’s best for you.
- Your BODY is your BUSINESS. Only you know feels right…listen to that intuition.
- ILLNESS is a RED FLAG! You’ve pushed your body too far and it cannot maintain.
- What is the ROOT CAUSE? An unfulfilled job? Constant pressure? Toxic relationships?
- IS THIS SERVING ME AND MY BODY?
- DO I FEEL OWNERSHIP OF MY LIFE?
- AM I IN CONTROL OF CHOICES REGARDING MY HEALTH?
- WHAT DOES MY BODY NEED TO HEAL?
STEP 2 – Write the PRESCRIPTION to your OWN HEALTH!
- YOU are the BOSS of your own HEALTHCARE! Create an individualized, self-guided action plan towards optimal health.
- KNOW your BODY! Ripe for healing miracles, you can push forward by empowering yourself and taking ownership.
- Call on EXPERTS for ADVICE. But KNOW that you can decline anything that doesn’t feel right for you. NEVER relinquish your power!
- DESIGN your WELLNESS PLAN. This may involve nutrition, a detox program, exercise routines, breathing exercises, and/or self-care rituals. Anything that supports and nourishes you!
STEP 3 – PRIORITIZE your plan.
- SERVE yourself first! If you aren’t healthy, no one else in your world can benefit from your gifts and talents.
- Choose EVERY DAY changes. This will make the difference in years to come and help you to establish a routine that will eventually become your lifestyle.
- Begin DAILY SELF-CARE RITUALS. These should uplift your spirit and nourish your soul. Put life on hold and indulge yourself in a mantra, a bath, deep breathing, yoga, or anything special that makes you feel like yourself again.
- Schedule CORE HEALTH ACTIVITIES. Write them on your calendar and make them non-negotiable. Add healthy food prep, 30-minute walks, 2 minutes of deep breathing 4/5x daily, reading/meditating/praying before bed, and DO THEM until they are second nature.
STEP 4 – Have COURAGE & COMPASSION for YOURSELF!
- DECIDE to make the CHANGES. This takes a heap of courage to admit there’s a problem.
- BABY STEPS in the beginning. Start small and integrate habits and rituals to help your body.
- CALL on your TRIBE. Enlist your friends and family for accountability.
- ASK PROFESSIONALS for HELP. A healthcare practitioner with a whole-body approach (chiropractor, NP, nutritionist, acupuncturist) can help to guide your plan.
- Learn to SAY NO. Sometimes lifestyle changes require a huge shift in priorities. If it isn’t serving you or your body, it’s time for a change. If it doesn’t excite you or fuel your joy, decline the opportunity. It’s okay. I promise!
THE BOTTOM LINE
I have been where you are.
I have hit rock bottom.
I have picked myself up and carried on like a warrior.
And I am here to help YOU.
It IS possible to regain control of your body and adjust your lifestyle to support your personal needs.
I did it. I’m living proof.
If you are ready to take this challenge, let me help you! Contact me here on the site and let me be your support in this new endeavor. I’m here for you!