Do you ever have trouble finishing a task? How about trying to remember where you left your keys, glasses, phone, etc.? Can’t remember that person’s name that you just spent 30 minutes talking to? Feeling drained all the time?
We all have been there. I reached a point in my life where I was feeling like I was in a haze all. the. time. You may try to blame it on hormones or busy-ness, or your kids, or your job, or whatever it is that takes up your mental space.
I played the blame game for a long time. But ultimately, it all came back to feeling stressed and burned out.
I was busy trying to be superwoman and doing all the things for all the people all of the time. What I forgot was that I needed to do those things for myself. It got to the point where I couldn’t finish a task, I kept getting distracted, and I felt so drained all the time that I had trouble keeping one foot in front of the other. I was so wired and tired that I compensated with coffee, chocolate, and anything else that would get me temporary relief.
But I just kept crashing. And the cycle continued.
If you can relate, I have good news for you!
Just because it’s common doesn’t mean it’s normal. Foggy, confused, tired women are not who we were designed to be. You deserve to find clarity and get yourself back, and I am here to help you on that journey!
What Is Brain Fog?
No, you are not crazy thinking there is something wrong with your ability to focus and concentrate.
I hear you, and I have been there.
So many times we are dismissed as women and told that we are over-exaggerating or it’s just stress. “Just get some more rest!” or “That’s your normal for this season of life!” you might have been told.
You DO NOT need to live with your symptoms. Brain fog is a legitimate concern that has actual scientific, medical reasons behind why it happens.
While root causes can vary from person to person, some common ones are:
- Mitochondrial dysfunction: These little structures are your cells’ power source, so if they are stressed out, you won’t have all the energy you need. (You can also learn more about mitochondria in my podcast HERE.)
- Gut health: Your gut and your brain are closely linked — your microbiome and overall digestive health can impact your brain’s health. Inflammation in your gut leads to an inflamed brain, so it is super important to be aware of this connection!
- Stress: This was the kicker for me. Stress, whether it is perceived, emotional, or physical, takes a toll on your body and can make your brain sluggish because of the chemicals and hormones it disrupts.
- Hormone imbalance: Yes, those hormones can come into play here. Keeping your body’s delicate hormone balance is so important to helping your brain work at its best!
Symptoms of brain fog can be different for everyone. You might be forgetful or confused. Or maybe you can’t finish tasks and and get distracted easily. Or maybe you just can’t put a finger on the exact problem; but you know something is off and you feel like you are in a cloud.
5 Ways to Beat Brain Fog
However brain fog manifests itself in your life, there is hope! Isn’t it frustrating to keep reaching for things that only mask your symptoms, only to have the brain fog return a few hours later? Let’s get down to the root. Here are my favorite ways to tackle brain fog from its root cause so you can be your best self:
#1 – Reduce Your Toxic Load
As toxins build up in your body, they slow down the firing of your brain cells. This results in you feeling tired, sluggish, confused, and foggy. Staying on top of your body’s toxic burden is a great way to ensure your brain is working at its peak!
One of the best ways to do this is with my 14-Day Detox. This is a perfectly formulated system of dietary supplements that support safe and effective detoxification of your cells by supporting your liver, metabolic pathways, digestion, and overall elimination of toxins. Click here to get it for yourself and achieve a clearer mind (AND weight loss, muscle maintenance; enhanced energy, clearer skin, a healthier immune system, and more)!
#2 – Eat for Your Health
Your gut is known as your “second brain” and inflammation there could be causing your mental fogginess. Neurotransmitters and chemicals formed in your gut are vital to the health and vitality of your mind. This means that maintaining your digestive health is an important step in supporting your brain’s clarity.
Cutting inflammatory foods is one way to make a big difference in how you feel in a short amount of time. Grains (especially gluten), dairy, carbohydrates, sugar, and eggs are the most common culprits. However, triggers are going to be different for everyone. Try cutting these things out for a few weeks and slowly reintroduce one at a time to see how your body responds!
Supporting your digestive health is about more than just removing inflammatory foods. Eating plenty of fiber, vegetables, antioxidants, pre- and probiotics and nutrient-dense foods will ensure your microbiome is healthy and thriving. When those gut bacteria are happy, the rest of your body will be too!
#3 – Invest in Self-Care
Stress is one of the biggest root causes behind brain fog, so this is a non-negotiable. Self-care is the best way to remove the chaos in your body that is muddling up your thinking. This doesn’t have to be complicated — it can be getting adequate sleep, moving your body every day, and feeding yourself with nutritious, wholesome foods. Or it could be rituals like journaling, meditation, prayer, or deep breathing. Basically, it’s just taking a moment for yourself. Do something that calms your mind and body and brings you joy!
#4 – Use Essential Oils
You know the feeling…you feel the cloud settling in, but you must. keep. going.
We don’t always have the luxury of a walk or fresh air or a nap to refresh your mind. That’s why I love using essential oils for those busy, daily moments where I need to restore my clarity and keep myself energized!
Some of my favorites for brain fog are Peppermint, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Basil, and citrus oils. Inhaling these, diffusing them and using them topically will keep you feeling energized, refreshed, and thinking clearly!
#5 – Take Brain-Boosting Supplements
When I was dealing with brain fog and having so many problems getting through my day, I started researching and looking for a solution that would not only make me feel better, but also address the root of what was going on in my body.
That’s why I love supplements! They are concentrated blends of adaptogenic herbs and bioavailable nutrients that don’t just mask your symptoms like so many medications. They give your body the boost it needs to heal itself; and they are so easy to work into your daily routine!
When I started looking for a supplement for my brain fog; I was so excited to create Neuro+ Support. Here are the powerhouse ingredients I chose. They work together to energize your brain, improve your memory and ability to think, AND address some of the root causes behind your brain fog:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is vital to helping give your cells their energy, repair damaged brain cells, and improve your ability to learn and remember. It even shows promise as a way to protect against age-related memory decline and Alzheimers!
- Citicoline is found in every cell of your body and supports healthy brain activity by supplying materials that your brain cells use to communicate with each other.
- Glycerophosphocholine is another substance found in every one of your cells. It crosses the blood-brain barrier to directly impact how your brain cells are able to work, which helps your memory and concentration. It even can help correct some of those hormone imbalances that could be causing your brain fog.
- Coffee Fruit Concentrate is derived from the whole fruit of the coffee tree. It harnesses the good, stimulating aspects of coffee — helping you stay more alert and focused — without the jittery side effects. Since it uses the whole fruit, there are even more bioavailable compounds than you get from brewed coffee!
- Phosphatidylserine is an important part of your cell membranes that makes it possible for your brain cells to communicate with each other. It also limits and controls the release of cortisol, the stress hormone that can wreak havoc on your body if it stays elevated.
- Gingko Leaf has been used in Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years. It can increase circulation in your brain to improve your memory, prevent dementia and Alzheimers, balance hormone levels, and keep your brain cells healthy.
Do You Want In?
I have been taking Neuro+ Support myself and sharing with my friends and family and getting rave reviews, and I am so excited to be able to share it with you now, too! As always, you should discuss adding any supplements to your routine with your trusted practitioner to see if it will interact with anything else you are taking.
Click here to buy Neuro+ Support, a powerful, brain-boosting formula to help regulate your mood, keep you thinking more clearly, and banish that brain fog for good!Get Neuro+ Support Here!
No comments yet.